Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Parenting Class and Updates

Today is our very first parenting class. We are both really looking forward to it as it means we are that much closer to being done with the home study process. Our parenting class is about infant training. I will write more after we go. We have completed almost all the home study and had our home visit. For any of you who know about the adoption process this has to be the most nerve wrecking part of the whole thing. Even more so then telling a stranger everything about you! However, our home visit went very well. Christy didn't even really look at the house. Little did she know I spent three days straight cleaning and organizing in preparation. All in all we both felt it went well! Thank the Lord that is OVER!!! 
We got some very sad news last week. We had be talking with a potential birth mother for about a two and a half months and she let us know that she decided to keep her baby. This is just one in a long line of disappointments and we both took it hard. I do wish her the best in her decision. It opened my eyes to many things and how I want the adoption process to work. I do believe everything happens for a reason and I know that God has our baby out there somewhere. A good friend of mine told me that once. I believe that there is a baby out there it is just a matter of time. So we wait.

No comments: