Monday, July 1, 2013

“Be assured that if God makes you wait longer than you wish, it is only to make the blessing all the more precious.”








I have learned over the years that waiting is just going to happen in life. I wish I could say that it doesn't phase me but I am as human as the next person. When I think about this precious gift that a women will be giving us I just get so anxious I could throw-up. I think will someone pick us? What if they don't... What if they do? How long will it be? Will it be a boy or a girl? Do I care? What will he/she look like? Will this baby bond well with us? Will this baby bond with Miss Zion? Will Miss Zion still want to be a big sister when the adoption takes place? Will Miss Zion travel well? How on earth will we manage a newborn and a 2 year old in a hotel room for 15 days? I have lots of questions and this is what goes through my head when I should be sleeping...
During the waiting process we get lots of questions. In fact every time I go to work I get asked something to the effect of "Did you get that baby yet?"  I know people care for us and this is why they ask. They are excited for us as well and just don't know what to say I think. I appreciate the questions and welcome them. I feel blessed that so many care for us enough to ask. I wish I could say YES we have been chosen! But alas we have to wait. 
I have to remind myself of Gods faithfulness and how he brought Miss Zion and us together. He was totally faithful and I should not get discouraged. I am trying to prepare myself that it may take years for this baby to show up. I rest in the peace that God's got this! He knows what our family needs and what the right situations for all involved. 


LEGACY OF AN ADOPTED CHILD

Once there were two women who never knew each other
One you do not remember, the other you call Mother

Two different lives shaped to make you one
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun

The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it
The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it

One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name
One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim

One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried you tears

One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.

Now, which of these two women, Are you the product of?
Both, my darling, Both, Just two different types of love.
---- Unknown

No comments: